Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Shopaholic's Guide to Looking Good For Less.

       


               I am a shopaholic - there I said it - but normally when I walk into a store I go straight to the sale section - I mean who doesn't? I really love fashion, don't get me wrong, but with my allowance and budget I just don't think i could spend over $50 on various tops and blouses (if i had the money I probably would though.) Going to the sale section gives me a huge selection of items that are rarely ever priced higher than $50 - that is at the stores I shop at.
               Some people may think that you need tons of money to look amazing and feel amazing - truth is that you don't. Most of the time you can find similar pieces to the ones you like at thrift stores which can save you tons of money. Also if you know someone who is trying to get rid of pieces they own and do not wear anymore you can go and shop through their old clothes - it's a win win situation. If you see something in the store that you absolutely love and just have to have it, but it is way too costly, come back in a couple of weeks and most likely it will be marked down by at least 25%.
               The store I highly suggest is H&M. H&M has been my absolute favorite store for a couple of years now - come to think of it much of my wardrobe is from H&M. To be completely honest with you, I don't even just shop in the sale section of this store but the whole store! Their prices are incredible for people on a budget. It's especially great for people who lean more towards the high fashion world. They just have amazing pieces that look like they came straight off the runway. If I could make a motto for H&M it would definitely be: "High Fashion Clothing for Less." Their Quality is also quite astonishing; I've had a hand-me-down dress from my older sister - that was from H&M - for quite a while, which is still in great condition. And although H&M has a lot of high fashion clothing it's not limited to that, they have little sections of everything: basics, grunge/hip-hop, girly, floral, monochrome, preppy, chic, there is something for everyone! This goes for men as well, they have absolutely amazing pieces for men which are great quality and stylish. (I always try to convince my brother to shop here!) Another great thing about H&M is that it is amazingly affordable. Their prices go up to $200, but rarely any of their clothes are more than $100. They also give a 15% discount to students during the beginning of the school year, which helps a lot of students get their back to school shopping done.

"Fashion is something that reflects YOU, not your wealth." - Mali-Koa Hood


  Outfit #1




// Dress - Aeropostle (Bethany Mota Collection) - SALE $20 // 
// Heels - White House Black Market - SALE $15 // 
// Clutch - Thrifted - Hand Me Down // 
// Flower Earrings - Hand Me Down// 

      Outfit #2








// Jacket - H&M - SALE $10 // 
// Basic Cami - Hollister // 
// Disco Pants - H&M - $30 // 
//Sunglasses - H&M - SALE $5 // 
// Rings- (Silver Cocktail) Hand Me Down - (Blue Jewel) Old Navy // 
// Heels - H&M - SALE $15 //
             
           

















No comments:

Post a Comment