Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Autumn Lookbook Inspired by "Her"

Recently, i've just seen the movie Her. I absolutely loved the movie and was really touched by it. It was a different love story and was incredibly made. During the movie, I really enjoyed the outfits they wore. They were very indie - if you will - outfits. There were a lot of mixing patterns, collars and relaxed outfits.

Outfits

Relaxed Patterns


This outfit I focused on mixing patterns in a subtle way. I paired this black and white polka dot button up from H&M with this genuine army jacket from the thrift store to mix up the patterns. I then just added plain dark wash skinnies and rolled up the cuffs to add a more relaxed vibe. The cross body fringe bag is from Aeropostale and my boots are Doc Martens. 

 


Oversized and Messy 


        

For this outfit I wanted to make it a much more feminine and dressier feel. I paired this way too oversized knit sweater - hand me down - with this blue tartan pencil skirt from Tommy Hilfiger. To add more femininity I added this necklace from the thrift store and these jelly oxfords from Love Culture. 

Effortlessly Casual


When I put this outfit together, I focused heavily on the character Amy. I realized throughout the movie that she loved to layer and it looked effortless and classy. In this outfit I am wearing a blue Ralph Lauren button up with a beige sweater from H&M layered on top. My trousers are from H&M and heels are also from H&M.




"We are only here briefly and in this moment I want to allow myself joy." -Her (Spike Jonze)

No comments:

Post a Comment