Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fashion Week SS15

It's never too early to start planning outfits for spring and summer. Likewise to my Fashion Week FW14 I would like to share my thoughts on the designers and looks that disappointed me, surprised me and absolutely blew me away.

The Disappointers

1. Missoni - I'm going to be honest and let you know that this collection was a mess. This collection looked like a whole bunch of clothes from Stein Mart got thrown on the model. I did not find it cute or fashionable - with exception to one or two looks. It made me think of my grandmother trying to look "hip" and "young." 

2. MSGM - This collection was not bad but it was not good either. The pieces reminded me of things I have seen at stores like Forever 21. They were very retailey like and not impressive.  Also, I did not understand the whole bird and alphabet print obsession in this collection. The birds and letters made it look childish and definitely like something you could find at Forever 21. Although, there was an exception to one look. I thought this look was gorgeous. It looked like something I would definitely style for Spring - especially. 


3. Altuzzara - This collection was quite boring. It didn't have any dimension or anything special to it. It was something that we've seen time after time. It was not a bad collection, there were some really good pieces. It was just that majority of the looks were repetitive from other looks in the past. The one thing that caught my eye in this collection were the cut out leather ensembles. They were interesting. Not amazing and I need to have it but quite interesting to the eye. 


The Impressers

1. Alice + Olivia - I thought this collection would look like everything else Alice + Olivia designs but I was very surprised. It did have the Alice + Olivia vibe all the way but with an extra edgy pizzaz. I thought this collection was outstanding and extremely wearable for the average woman. 
        
                       

2. Kate Spade - I was absolutely blown away by this collection. It is definitely true to Kate Spade which it very preppy and colorful for my sense of style but I cannot resist it. It is adorable. It is quirky. It is something most women could wear and be comfortable in. I don't have anything but love for this collection. Just look at the outfit on the right, it is adorable isn't it? 





The Favorites

1. Dsquared2 - This collection is to die for. It was colorful and different and stunning. It is very out there but I enjoyed it. It was cool and unique and something you wouldn't expect. It may not be something that everyone in reality would ever wear but I think thats what fashion is. Going outside of your comfort zone and experimenting with new things.  


2. Emilio Pucci - The 70's Mod vibe really drew me towards this collection. It was really cool and taking a spin on the mod look. Pucci made it with a very vintage feel. The neck scarves are my favorite part of this collection. It really brings the outfits together and add the elegant mod feel. 


3. Moschino - Everyone and their mother were talking about this collection. I am absolutely in awe of this collection. It was so cute and fun and quirky and colorful. I must say some looks were tacky but regardless I would die to own it. The collection reminded me of the movie Life Size with Tyra Banks and Lindsay Lohan. It was a Barbie dreamland. 


"In fashion, one day you're in and the next day you're out." -Heidi Klum


No comments:

Post a Comment