Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fashion Week FW14

It is a sad time, now that New York Fashion Week is over. This year many designers surprised me but also many disappointed me. I think overall it was an amazing fashion show great designers and amazing pieces that I would love to have in my wardrobe.

First, I'd like to talk about the designers who disappointed me this season. There isn't a lot but I just felt like these few designers could've done much better than they did.
  1. Alessandra Rich - This designer I am on the fence on. I really admire how she made it unique in different but some of the outfits were just atrocious to me. Some looks were very cool in perspective and I had an attraction to them. But most of her looks looked like a twelve year old who came out of limited too with bad layering and crazy prints and lace. I honestly feel as if she is trying to be Betsy Johnson but the world can only have one Betsy Johnson.                                                                     
  2. Giorgio Armani - I am not saying his collection is bad in any way but I do feel that it was extremely boring. We've seen these looks before. I could walk into a department store and find things similar to that there. It did not wow me at all and I was very disappointed.                                                          
  3. Jason Wu - Alike to Armani, it was just boring. The collection itself was not a bad collection, we have just seen these designs before. I do admit though I was very much into his big coats out of the whole collection.

Next is the designers who impressed me. I only had one designer who I was like "oh they won't be anything special just their usual" but no this designer really proved me wrong. 

  1. Juicy Couture - I'm not one who is into, if you will, Juicy Couture. I always thought they were just crazy color, velvet totes and candy. This year they immensely impressed me. They kept what they normally would do but put a twist on it. It is different for them and I really enjoyed it. 
Lastly, my favorites this season. There were so many who I enjoyed but after a long and hard journey of thinking I've narrowed down my top three favorites. I feel like these designers took ready-to-wear and couture together and made it work. 

  1. Marchesa - This collection stunned me. It took my breath away. The designs, the embellishments, the fringe and fur. I loved every single bit of it. The whole collection were skirts and dresses which I enjoy, since they're my favorite item of clothing. The way they used lace and fringe and embellishing was beyond me. I would without a doubt take everything in their collection. 
    Favorites from Marchesa. 
  2. Balmain - Incredible. I loved the theme for this collection; it screamed fall to me. The detailing on the looks - tops especially - were just amazing. You can tell a lot of work went into this collection. I have not seen anything like this collection before. It is by far one of the best fall collections I have ever seen. 
    Favorites from Balmain.
  3. Rachel Zoe - Rachel Zoe is one of my favorite designers because she knows her limits. She knows when something is too intense and when it is perfect. This collection has a little bit of everything which is great for people who live in an area where it is freezing during autumn and when it is warm during autumn. I love her designs and this collection is no exception. 
    Favorites from Rachel Zoe.


    "The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel

1 comment:

  1. Loved Rachel Zoe as well. Though I hadn't thought about the framework of the designs in the same light as you had. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete