Wednesday, September 3, 2014

3 Things I Wish Every Girl Would Know.



1. You Are Beautiful
        We all have insecurities, it is natural for us to have them. I'm insecure about a lot of things: my nose, my thighs, my hands, and my tummy, to name a few. Long story short, I went through an eating disorder not too long ago and I wish for nobody to go through that. You are worth so much more than harming yourself to look "beautiful." To be honest with you, there is no exact definition for beautiful. Sure, we all have an idea of who we think is beautiful (for example: i find Rihanna the most gorgeous woman on the planet), but no one is perfect. We all have flaws and that makes us all beautiful. We hear this all the time but it's true, It's what's on the inside that is beautiful. I want every woman and girl to look at herself and say "I look beautiful." Same goes for boys and men.
        My favorite movie since I can remember is The Princess Diaries and I found that what Joe quotes to Mia goes perfectly with this. It is an Eleanor Roosevelt quote and this correlates perfectly with what I am trying to say. No one can tell you you are not good or beautiful enough unless you let them. That is why it is called self-esteem for a reason, only you have the power to hurt yourself.

               

2.  Don't Worry About Boys!
        If you are fifteen, twenty six or fifty seven, do not focus your life around boys and men. If you're young, like me, don't stress too much for a boyfriend or significant other. Majority of us don't know who we are and are not even close to loving ourselves completely. You need to know and love yourself  before you can know and love someone else. If you're older, your time just hasn't came yet. Maybe you are still in the phase where you don't know and love yourself and need to find that or Maybe your Prince(ss) Charming is still out there trying to find you. I'm not saying don't have a relationship or be in love, I am saying don't only strive for that. Think of your dreams and passions and let the boys (or girls) fall into place Don't let a boy change the way you think or feel. Wear clothes for you, Pick careers that you want to do, Don't just do something that could potentially affect your whole life for some boy. If he truly loves you then he would not try to control you.

        My Icon For This is Larrisa from The Carrie Diaries: 
                 

3. Don't Let ANYBODY Tell You You Are Not Good Enough
          This one is an extremely important one. Do not let anybody tell you that you are not good enough, that your dreams are worthless, that you can't do something because you're a girl, don't take that shit from anybody not even yourself. You are good enough, you can do everything you want and your dreams are worth so much.
          Just listen to Selena Gomez and The Scene's song Tell Me Something I Don't Know. That sounds pretty childish right? Wrong. The song has such a good message and it's a total jam to be honest. I want to be apart of the fashion industry and this whole song basically describes me when people tell me i'm not going to make it. I am a firm believer in if you can dream it you can achieve it.

         


No comments:

Post a Comment