Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Clueless, Chokers and Crop Tops Galore.



It's quite clear that the 90's are making a comeback. From music to fashion to shows to icons; everyone is feeling nostalgic about the 90's.In Fashion so many trends have came back. Walk into any clothing store and I can guarantee you will be able to find some form of a crop top and high-waisted anything. Music from the 90's have been played all over and I have yet to find one person to complain. Who doesn't love 90's jams? From Britney to TLC to Nirvana. And let's be honest - who isn't watching Clueless everyday?

//Shirt - One Direction TMH Concert; Overalls - Topshop;
Flannel - Hand Me Down; Backpack - Hand Me Down
Hat - Hand Me Down; Boots - Doc Martens // 

Favorite 90's Comebacks 

1. Overalls 
I absolutely love that overalls are back in style. There are endless options to which overalls you can get. You could stick to the regular denim ones or get something more fancier like the one I have in the picture to your left. It's also a great piece to just throw on when you have nothing to wear. You can find them in almost any store from Walmart to Urban Outfitters. 

2. High Waisted & Crop Tops
Anyone who knows me, knows i'm a big fan of both of these pieces. They're just so effortlessly wearable. You can dress them up or you can dress them down. Going out with friends you can wear some high waisted shorts and a cropped tee and in the office you can wear high waisted skirt and an elegant cropped blouse. Here are some pictures of Leighton Meester in both a casual and formal attire.

3. Doc Martens 
For a couple years now, Docs have been everywhere. I've just gotten my last August for my birthday. They're extremely comfortable but can put together any outfit. You can wear them with just a T-Shirt and Jeans and it still looks good. They're very versatile and honestly so fashion-forward. 

handmade tattoo choker
 4. Choker Necklaces 
I've seen so many choker necklaces all over. From beaded ones to tattoo chokers to even leather chokers. Chokers have a way of making an outfit look more edgier and give it a hardcore vibe. If you want a tattoo choker necklace, I suggest making them instead of buying them. From the prices i've seen they range anywhere from $5-$10. It's insane to pay that much for a  necklace when you can just buy some stretchy string at the craft store and make it yourself. Here is a tutorial for them. (x

5. Grunge
We always here about grunge. From trendsetters like Kylie Jenner to Ashton Irwin, grunge is definitely back - thanks to Kurt Cobain. I would be a liar if I said I have never worn a flannel around my waist or never wore a flannel over plain t-shirts. Just like chokers, grunge make you seem more edgier and rebellious when in reality none of us have probably done anything rebellious in our life. I love grunge because even though i've always loved leather, it means more leather/faux leather pieces are being made- which makes me beyond excited. Grunge is absolutely my favorite because all of my favorite things: flannels, black, leather, rips and tears, oversized and boots. 

6. TV
I love that MTV has full episodes of Daria online. It is actually a show that describes my friendship with my best friend. Boy Meets World has made a spin off of Topanga and Cory's daughter called Girl Meets World. And even though people thought this show would be terrible I have heard very positive comments about it. Other shows like Sister,Sister (My Favorite) and Hey Arnold are available on different networks in the early morning
7. Music 
So much great music from the 90's have came back. I hear them online, on the radio, in stores, everywhere. So many of today's artist have covered 90's hits. My favorite has to be Bastille's cover of No Scrubs by TLC. It's just a good feeling to hear the music that you used to listen to when you were younger and it brings back memories. Yes, I am fifteen but let me tell you I have two older siblings. My older sister was obsessed with Spice Girls and NSYNC and Britney and my older brother was obsessed with Green Day. I on the other hand had a passion for Destiny's Child. My mom told me that I would dance to Bootylicious all the time and I still do. 




"Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future." - Corrie Ten Boom 

No comments:

Post a Comment