Thursday, August 7, 2014

Item Not Worth The Hype : Baby Lips

The oh so famous Baby Lips. These lipstick chapstick duos have been around for quite a while now. Everyone - and I mean everyone - I have talked to has heard, seen or used the product. My younger sister has purchased various different kinds and is a huge fan of the baby lips, so being her sister, of course I was just going to use hers. The product is suppose to make your lips baby soft - hence the name Baby Lips. They come in all various colors. From a transparent shade to a cherry red shade to even a dark purple shade.


When I used the product for the first time, I didn't really see a difference with other chapsticks besides it having a tinted color - which by the way many different brands also add tinted colors to their lip balms, such as: Burt's Bees, Nivea, Benefit, Revlon, and more. But overtime it actually made my lips drier and more chapped. I admit I absolutely adore some of the colors they have. My favorite one was the Cherry Me color. It really gave my lip a sort of sheer red tint which was perfect for just going out shopping or seeing friends. After a couple of uses, I noticed it really dried out my lips and honestly did nothing but add color.

Most people I know say that the baby lips works perfect for them and they have no problem with it. It may just be my lips that do not absorb the moisture from these balms like everyone else.

Compared to Carmex Lip Balms and Nivea Lip Balms, I really don't understand the hype around this product. To me, Carmex and Nivea add a lot more moisture than Baby Lips do. The things I like about Carmex and Nivea are that they really lock in the moisture and after one use it honestly makes a big difference. I can see and feel more moisturized lips in less than an hour compared to Baby Lips.

"Be sure that you speak with unfeigned lips." - Marie de France

No comments:

Post a Comment